Welcome to UCFBIP’s 6 Month Mentorship Cohort Program
“One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination.”
– John C. Maxwell
You are an ideal UCFBIP Mentor if you have:
- A genuine desire to help our promising startup founders succeed;
- An appreciation for the challenges startup founders face in successfully growing and scaling their ventures;
- Had a successful executive career and would like to contribute some of your valuable knowledge, leadership, and lessons learned;
- Flexibility to commit 2+ volunteer hours (1-2 meetings) per month for the next 6 months to meet with your UCFBIP mentee.
Benefits of being a UCFBIP Mentor:
- Selective access to emerging companies within the UCFBIP;
- Build connections within network of high-level mentors;
- Support entrepreneurship & economic development in Central Florida;
- Being a UCFBIP Mentor is a volunteer role, which provides a unique opportunity to give back to your community and make a positive impact.
- Media highlights of your involvement with the UCFBIP Program
UCFBIP Mentor Process:
- Mentors are matched with a mentee in a structured matching process.
- Matching process takes place twice a year – Fall/Winter & Spring/Summer.
- Includes mentor orientation and pre-matchmaking session
- Mentors volunteer 2+ hours per month (1-2 meetings) with their mentee for 6 months.
- Mentors check in for feedback with UCFBIP point of contact 3x during 6-month engagement
CALL FOR MENTORS:
We are currently accepting mentors for our 2023 Spring/Summer cohort. Please complete a mentor application to be considered.
- UCF BIP’s Mentor Program is designed to boost your path towards greater success and become a better leader!
- Mentees are matched with mentors in a structured matching process which takes place twice a year.
- Prospective mentees prepare and record a 5-minute pitch for the mentors.
- Mentees and Mentors are matched after a pre-matchmaking session.
- Formal mentoring program lasts for 6 months.
- Mentoring time commitment
- Mentee meets with mentor 2+ hours a month for 6 months.
- Mentee checks in for feedback with UCFBIP point of contact once per month.
- Mentee is always responsible for their own outcomes.
- Mentee completes exit survey at the end of the program and again after one year.
Only clients in good standing of the UCF Business Incubation Program are eligible to participate in the UCFBIP Mentoring Program. If you wish to apply to become a client of the UCFBIP click here.
CALL FOR MENTEES:
We are currently accepting UCFBIP mentees for our 2023 Spring/Summer cohort. Please complete a mentee application and/or contact your Site Manager if you are interested in joining the upcoming cohort.