The UCF Business Incubation Program provides business development and operational support to early-stage, innovative businesses throughout Central Florida. Since 1999, this award-winning program has supported hundreds of companies, who have collectively generated more than $400 million in sales and over $100 million in outside funding.
This non-profit community resource offers four programs that are each designed to help businesses at different stages.
- Business Modeling Boot Camp: helps aspiring entrepreneurs learn how to describe, design, test and develop their idea into a viable business model through an eight-week virtual boot camp. To be eligible, applicants must be (1) located in Central Florida; (2) have a scalable, for-profit business idea; and (3) willing to except feedback.
- Traction Program: helps new companies with little to no revenue to build the operational foundation of the business and develop a go-to-market strategy to cultivate an initial customer base. To be eligible, applicants must be (1) headquartered in Central Florida; (2) have a scalable, for-profit business model; and *(3) have a minimal viable product (MVP) or service ready to sell.
* Grant funding to support research & development is a sufficient substitute for an MVP.
- Growth Program: helps companies with existing traction in the market to develop the infrastructure for scaling their business. To be eligible, applicants must be (1) headquartered in Central Florida; (2) have a scalable, for-profit business model; and (3) have already generated revenue from their product or service.
- Soft Landing Program: helps international firms and companies headquartered outside the region to support their business development efforts from Central Florida. To be eligible, applicants must be (1) headquartered beyond the Central Florida region; (2) cannot be a franchise; (3) must have at least one full-time business developer from Central Florida office; and (4) all employees must be authorized to work in the United States.
UCF operates eight incubators across four counties. Many of these facilities serve a broad range of industries. However, the incubators located within UCF’s Innovation Districts support companies within specific industry verticals. The Innovation District incubators and their respective industry clusters are listed below:
CENTRAL FLORIDA RESEARCH PARK
Defense/Military, Modeling Simulation & Training, Cybersecurity, Photonics, Robotics, Energy, Space
Digital Media, Smart City Technology, FinTech, EdTech, Hospitality & Tourism Tech
Life Sciences, Healthcare, Medical Simulation